Monday, August 29, 2005

Weekend in Sheboygan

Well, my trip to Sheboygan was as expected and then some. I found out my second cousin Amy was getting married in September, and they were having her bachlorette party while I was there. I forgot to bring my camera with me though! We had so much fun. And her friend fried out brats and burgers! Woohoo! So, I had fish fry with Aunt Shirley, Aunt Judy and Uncle Don (soooo good to see Judy and Don again! It's been too long!), Gossi's for lunch (actually it's charcoal inn, but their steak sandwiches are still good!), brats and burgers at Leahs house Saturday night, and lots of Vodka! Let me tell you how much fun it was to drive the 5 hours back to Champaign on Sunday... I didn't get as many pictures as I had hoped while there, mainly because I forgot the camera Saturday night (actually, I didn't know about it until we got there), but I did get pictures at the Fish Fry so I'll post that when I get home.

I got to go yarn shopping with Aunt Shriley while I was there too. Bought $100 in yarn! Yikes! But, most of it is for Christmas gifts, so that's ok, right? I already have one gift done, and am halfway through a second. I also bought some yarn for my Cathedral Afghan. Though I still won't be able to start it until after Christmas gifts are done! I can't tell you how much fun it was to actually have someone to go yarn shopping with, though. I need to meet people who crochet in Texas so I can have someone to do that with! I think Kyle about had a heart attack when I told him what I spent. Lol. Poor guy. I'm gonna have to ship it home too! Don't have enough room in my suitcase...

I finished another 9 squares since I last posted. So, I've done 11 here and I have 10 more at home. Not too bad, eh? I offered to make some extra squares so that Collette could stay in the swap, so I better keep going! So much to do and not nearly enough time!

Best get back to work! Lilo and Stitch is on in 3 minutes, and of course, even though I have it on DVD at home, and have seen it a thousand times, I have to watch it.

Have a great night!

No comments: