Thursday, August 18, 2005

Food, Food, and More Food

Well, it's been a couple of days since I've posted, so I figured I'd better give a quick update before heading to bed. Not much exciting happened on Monday or Tuesday, but on Wednesday I decided to have a girls movie night at the house and Kyle promised to cook us a gourmet dinner. Only Isabel was able to come for the dinner and movie, and Jessica was able to stop by at least for dinner. Of course, Kyle was cooking so she couldn't turn it down! He made us a wonderful dinner of seared yellowfin, steak, fried rice, stir fry veggies and a chinese salad. Wanted to give us a Japenese steak house experience at home, and boy was it yummy! Thank you baby! After dinner, Isabel and I watch "Diary of a Mad Black Woman". I must buy it now! It was a fantastic movie filled with humor, drama, and romance. Definitely a chick flick, but a must see!

Work got a bit stressful at the end of the day today as I realized that a report that was supposed to be delievered to our client on August 3rd was still not delivered. I thought it had been done, as well as a co-worker of mine, and my project manager completely forgot that we even had to do it. Good thing I discovered that it hadn't been done! It wasn't my job to get it out, but I was helping the lead. And since he's in Chicago, I'll probably be taking the blame for it tomorrow. Not looking forward to work tomorrow! Left work this afternoon and hit the gym. Had a good workout. Stopped by Popeyes for some dinner on the way home only to get a call from Kyle when I was 5 minutes away telling me that dinner had arrived! Oops! Now here we sit with pizza and chicken. Good thing they both re-heat pretty good! Can you guess what I'm having for lunch tomorrow?

On the crochet side of life, things are a bit slow. I'm almost done with the bag I'm making for my SP. Just 10 more rounds and some handles to make and in the washer it goes! I'll post before and after pictures when it's done. I think it's going to turn out great. And if she doesn't like it, then I'll just keep it for myself! I also finally got an email from my own SP last night. She said she has been knitting and crocheting since she was 12! She also teaches both at her local Michaels and has offered to teach me how to knit. I think that sounds like fun! A little worried of how it will occur over the internet though. Should be interesting. BUT I will finally be able to make that perfect cable knit sweater that I can rarely find and can never afford! I'm excited.

Well, that's about it for now. My back is killing me and I'm just about ready for bed! And maybe a little reading. I bought the 2ne book in Dean Koontz's Frankenstein series and I'm anxious to start it. I only have to finish my current book first...

Nighty nite!

No comments: