Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Monsters Came to Eat My Dogs!

So, I've been so horrible in posting lately because, well, my life has just been plain boring! Nothing exciting has been happening, and I have only had things to complain about - like not being able to crochet because my tendinitis has flared up, and stressing over having the house clean and everything ready and perfect for Thanksgiving....

The good news now is that my parents arrived in SA safe and sound last night. It's good to see them again. I am bummed that I still have to work when my mom and sister go to get their nails done, and then everyone goes out for lunch and to the Vatican exhibit downtown. Everyone but me. Sucks. Next year I think I'm going to have to save some vacation time for the week of Thanksgiving.

Now to the real reason that I have to post! Kyle just sent me an email with a couple of pictures, saying that monsters came to eat the dogs. Here are the pictures...



Having worked with these magnificent birds at Renaissance faires, I know what they are capable of. And one thing they are capable of, is eating bunny rabbits. Bunny rabbits that are larger than our puppy. Good thing he was sitting on our neighbors fence and hadn't noticed Zero yet! Lol. I do seriously doubt he would brave the other two dogs just to get to Zero, and I'm pretty certain that there is a ton more food for him in the field behind our house that won't fight back as bad! He is beautiful, isn't he? I wish I knew what type of hawk he is. Can anyone out there tell by just a picture? Kyle said he was humongous if that helps at all. Much bigger than the Red Tail Hawks we had out in Cali.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

What a gorgeous bird! Aside from being able to say its a hawk, that is the extent of my bird knowledge! Glad to know that he decided that Zero was not a mid-day snack!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!