Saturday, May 13, 2006

When Good Dogs Go Bad

You know how I just told you about working on that Exchange Bag? Well, I was making decent progress for the amount of time working on it, and I was working on it some more downstairs with the dogs running around while Kyle was upstairs playing his game. Well, I decided I needed to do something real quick upstairs, so I left the dogs downstairs alone. Mistake. Should have locked them outside, but I thought "it's only going to be a few minutes, and they're eating - they'll be good." Couldn't have been more wrong. Kyle went downstairs before I did - he finally decided to go get his Texas drivers license (we've only been here for a year and a half) so he was going to shower. All of a sudden I heard him yell at Smudge. Uh oh. Then he told me I better get downstairs - oh, and bring the camera. BIG uh oh. This is what I found...

Wait, is that my Exchange bag?


It sure is! And look, the cord goes out the doggie door...








And all around the porch...













And in the grass...









And back on the porch... And apparently I can't upload any more pictures, but it went from there, back into the doggie door, back out the doggie door, and then around the post. I had to laugh. Then, it turns out that Kyle was yelling at Smudge because she was chewing on my wooden crochet hook. The one his grandmother gave me. Rendering it now useless :( The good news through all this was my project itself didn't get unravelled. The bad news is I had to unravel it myself because my aluminum crochet hook was 0.25 mm smaller than my wood one. And while it doesn't sound like a big difference, it actually is. I could have killed those dogs. Still hoping to have the bag done this weekend though! Guess I better get to work for that to happen.

No comments: