Saturday, May 13, 2006

Stitch N Bitch

So, I finally broke down and bought "Stitch N Bitch, The Happy Hooker" the other day. I had a 30% off one item coupon and a 10% off entire order all day shopping spree from Borders. I couldn't resist. I wanted it only for the Sweet Pea shawl that everyone else was making, but by the time I sat down to look through the rest of it, I had a million and one projects that I wanted to do! And the book itself is hilarious. Now all I need is Stitch N Bitch Nation and my collection is complete! But, I digress. Kyle got a new computer game that day too - Civilization 4 - so after we got home, he sat in front of his computer, trying to figure out the game, and I sat in front of my stash with my book, trying to find enough yarn to do a project. But, unfortunately, most of my stash is Red Heart for making afghans. I do have quite a bit of homespun I received from my MIL (mother-in-law), but that's going to be an afghan too. Oh, and I had enough wool to make some stuff, but I'm saving that for Elizabeth's Lucinda Bag once she finally sells the pattern! So, I'm thinking I'm going to be SOL until I see the Exchange Bag, and realize that I have exactly two rolls of that cord (I forget the name of the stuff off the top of my head, and it's already downstairs)! Now, I gotta say, I can't remember when I bought it, or why. It's been just sitting there for years - like, at least 4. Guess I knew 4 years ago that I wanted to make this bag! That stuff is a pain in the you know where to work with though... Hoping to have it done this weekend.

No comments: