Thursday, May 11, 2006

Pet Hair

So, after trying so very hard to keep all the pet hair off of my project for Lani, without success, i spent a good couple of hours trying to get it off. I'm pretty sure that I didn't get it all though, and for that, I apologize.

Anyways, I was wondering around on the web today and saw articles about people spinning the hair from their pets into yarn, and I got to thinking... The dog hairs are too short, but Boog Boogs hair (which is everywhere) would be perfect for the task! So, I got out the kitty brush and sat with him for about an hour. It's amazing how much hair I got! By the time I can afford to buy the carding paddles and drop spindle (want to buy a spinning wheel, but too expensive) to make some yarn, I will have enough hairs for a sweater! Well, I won't be making a sweater, but will have plenty to make something. Maybe some slippers? I've been wanting to spin for a while now, and this gives me the reason to do it. I learned at Rennaissance Faire when I worked there years ago, so I think I'll be able to do it again without too many problems, right? What do you think? Would Boog Boogs make a cute pair of slippers?

No comments: