Thursday, October 19, 2006

Quick Update

I think about updating this everyday on my drive to and from work and during lunch, but never seem to push myself to do it when I get home at night. So, I figured that as long as I was thinking about it while on lunch, that I would do a quick update. Yeah!

I finished one of two baby blankets for the twins. Here is the first one...



It's not quite as dark as it looks in the picture, but it's the best picture I have. The second one is about halfway done. I took the advice of my buddies over at Fiber Freaks and am making the second blankie in the same pattern, but reversed colors. I hope Jess doesn't freak about it being mostly white. I had mentioned that as a concern, and they all said that it's going to be washed everyday no matter what the color. If she has a fit, I'll just have to make another one, I guess. The blankies are made with TLC Amore and they are so very warm and snuggly! Thinking I may have to make an adult sized one for myself. lol.

Other finished projects? More dishcloths...


And a scarf using broomstick lace...


WIPs include the second blankie which I don't have a picture of, a second French Market bag which I don't have a picture of, and a pair of socks...


I've gotten a bit farther on the socks since the picture was taken, but not much.

In other news, our plans for going to Wisconsin have been finalized! We have our plane tickets, we have guanentee's from work that we have days off that we need, and as of last night, we have our costumes! I'm so very excited. Kyle is going as Jack Skelington, and I'm going as the Wicket Witch of the West. I'm so thrilled with this costume. Though it barely fits. Guess that means no more eating out for me! And that excercising I've been "planning" on doing is actually going to have to get done. I just love halloween. So much fun to be able to dress up as something that you always wanted to be or in my case, as my parents would say, a chance to show your true self. lol. Tell me what you think of the costume...

One of these days I'll actually get around to updating my links in my sidebar and whatnot too. Right now I have to eat. My stomach feels like it's going to start devouring itself! Then again, that my not be a bad thing. lol.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

You continue to stay busy with all of those projects!

Your Broomstick lace scarf turned out great - thanks again for testing it for me!!

I also love dressing up for Halloween - but I always lack creativity in the costume department!